There’s no better feeling than cruising down the road on your motorcycle, feeling the fresh breeze on your face and the wind ruffle through your hair. Conversely, there’s no worse feeling than walking up to your motorcycle and realizing that you’ve misplaced your keys. Losing your keys results in a lot of lost time and massive amounts of frustration, and it can cost a pretty penny to remedy the situation.
Luckily, we’re here to help. If you follow the advice in this post, you’ll never have to deal with calling an automotive locksmith in Toledo, OH to replace your motorcycle keys again:
- Wear the right clothes: Proper motorcycle-riding clothes like a leather jacket and pants, thick boots and a helmet are essential for keeping you safe while you ride. All of your clothes should have secure pockets that either zip up or button up, too. As long as your keys are safe in your pocket, you won’t have to worry about them falling out.
- Stay organized: Keeping an organized and tidy home has no shortage of advantages. One of the biggest benefits, however, is the fact that you’ll rarely misplace your most-used items. When you get home every day, put your wallet, keys and other personal items in the same spot. Staying organized like this makes your home look better and makes it less likely that you’ll ever lose your keys again.
- Scan the room: Before you head out the door, make a habit of scanning the room for your keys. If you stay organized and always put your keys in the same spot, you should be able to quickly spot them and grab them.
- Create a duplicate: This one doesn’t really help you avoid losing your keys, but making a duplicate is the best way to ensure you don’t have to call a locksmith to replace your keys. At Toledo Lock & Key, we’re more than just a mobile locksmith in Toledo, OH—we can quickly create a new motorcycle key for you. Just be sure to keep your duplicate in a safe spot!
- Buy a keychain: We’ve all seen people walking around with massive keychains that hold their house keys, car keys, motorcycle keys and even a bottle opener. These people might be noisy and could even look a little ridiculous, but you can bet that they never misplace their keys! We’re not saying that you need to buy a long and hefty keychain, but consider getting one to help ensure your keys never go missing.
- Use a reminder: If you have a busy schedule and a lot of stuff on your mind, things like remembering your keys can sometimes slip through the cracks. Instead of relying on your brain to remember to grab your keys, leave a sticky note on your front door reminding you to snag your keys as you’re leaving.
Whether you need us to create a duplicate key or replace your lost motorcycle key, Toledo Lock & Key LLC is the team for the job. Our affordable rates and fast service make us the number one mobile locksmith in Toledo, OH. Call us today to learn more about all of our locksmithing services.
This post was written by Writer