Locksmiths deliver a wide range of services, including key replication. Working with a locksmith when you need key replication is a much better and more reliable option than going to a local hardware or big box store where an employee cuts a key in front of you, because they likely haven’t had nearly as much training in key replication as a skilled locksmith has.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the kinds of keys you can get from a locksmith who works on key replication in Toledo, OH:
- Deadbolt keys: Deadbolt keys are useful for home security. There are several kinds of deadbolts: single cylinder, double cylinder and lockable thumbturn. These keys are idea for people who do not have higher-end home security systems or want their doors to have some extra reinforcement.
- Padlock keys: Padlocks are typically used for locking up storage lockers, bikes, chests and other containers. These padlocks might have a combination to unlock them, but many types of padlocks require a key to open them. In this case, it is important that you work with a professional locksmith to get duplicate keys in Toledo, OH made so you can be certain they will reliably open your lock.
- Car keys: Yes, locksmiths can create copies of keys for your vehicle. Car keys are more complicated to create and duplicate than other types of keys, and thus require their own methods. Obviously, the locksmith will need to know the make, model and year of the vehicle. These keys can be cut mechanically or with lasers. Most of the time you can get away with using a mechanically cut car key, but laser cutting is ideal if you want the car key to face either way in the ignition. Laser-cut keys are much harder for would-be criminals to replicate because the grooves in the key are on both sides of the metal, requiring a greater level of accuracy with the key. This means they are more precise and thus offer an extra level of security you wouldn’t otherwise get with mechanically-cut car keys. Locksmiths can also give you valet keys that only offer a certain level of access to your vehicle.
- Knob lock keys: Knob lock keys are a bit more basic than deadbolt keys, and are no longer quite as popular. The reason these types of locks and keys are falling out of style is because they’re a bit easier to pick. They tend to be used in conjunction with deadbolts as a “last line of defense” for your home or property.
- Furniture keys: Some pieces of furniture come with locking hardware, such as filing cabinets and desks. Where there are locks, you’ll also need keys, and locksmiths will be able to help you create or replicate keys for these specific types of locks.
For more information about the kinds of keys locksmiths can make, or to schedule an appointment, contact Toledo Lock & Key, LLC. We’d be glad to help with key replication in Toledo, OH.
Categorised in: Key Duplication
This post was written by Writer