What Does a Locksmith Do?October 24, 2018 9:21 pm Leave your thoughts
You might know that you should call a locksmith when you get locked out of your home or car, but you might not know exactly what a locksmith actually does. The reality is that locksmiths actually have a much broader set of skills than you might expect, and they’re capable of helping you with everything from home lockouts to enhancing your home and business security. Read on to learn more about locksmithing and what a locksmith can do for you!
A locksmith in Toledo, OH is a professional who specializes in locking systems and keys for vehicles, homes and commercial properties. Locksmiths deal primarily with locks, keys and safes, and are often hired to create duplicate keys or gain access to a lock with a missing, misplaced or broken key. Because of how complicated locking mechanisms can be, a locksmith must be very detail-oriented, patient and intuitive. Locksmiths typically must take an exam and gain a license before they are allowed to offer locksmith services. Among a locksmith’s typical duties are:
- Rekeying: If you’ve lost the key to your home or business, but you don’t want to replace your lock completely, you might want to have your lock rekeyed. During rekeying, a locksmith will change the configuration of pins and springs so that the original key is no longer compatible with your lock. This is an inexpensive way to prevent unauthorized access to your home or business if your key has gone missing or there are copies of your key floating around.
- Lock installation: When existing locks wear out or sustain damage, lock replacement is important to maintain the security of a home or business. Locksmiths can help you find the lock products that are right for your needs and provide you with reliable installation service. A professional installation will ensure that your building is as secure as possible.
- Lockout response: Realizing that you’ve lost your keys or locked yourself out of your home, car or business is a frustrating and stressful experience, but a locksmith can provide you with the assistance that you need. Locksmiths can provide mobile services, and some even offer 24/7 lockout response so you can get the help you need, right when you need it, regardless of the hour.
- Key cutting: If you need some extra keys to give to your family members or employees, a locksmith can provide you with key cutting service. In addition to cutting keys for standard commercial, residential and automotive locks, some locksmiths in Toledo, OH can also create transponder keys and fobs for you.
- Commercial security: New locks and controlled access system are a cost-effective way to significantly boost the security of your business. A locksmith can help you find security locks for your business and provide you with installation services.
If you want to find out more about what a locksmith in Toledo, OH can do for you, reach out to the team at Toledo Lock & Key LLC. We’ve specialized in comprehensive locksmith services for homeowners and business owners since 1980. Our locally owned company is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and quality work. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, we are here and happy to help. Give us a call today to learn more about our services or to request assistance with your lock and key needs!
Categorised in: Locksmith
This post was written by Writer